Re: GBP and moving to a new upstream release...

On Thursday 09 April 2015 13:37:56 Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > > What is the right way to go about this?
>
> Which repo are you looking at? Mine [1] or the Debian one?
>
> > First, fix your git repo before attempting an import:
> > - watch file is broken
>
> Done.

The one referenced in the PTS, i.e. the Debian one.

In your repo, there's no common ancestor between master branch and the
upstream branch before the version 0.9. That's probably why you had a big
merge operation when you git-import'ed qpid-proton 0.9.

Next git-import-orig should be fine. Well, I hope so, your repo is also a bit
of a mess (no debian tag, upstream files changed in master, isolated branches
..), I hope git-import-orig will be able to manage this.

> > If you want other people to contribute to this package, please make sure
> > that  tags do match the released packages (they don't: tag 0.7-2 is
> > missing and the commit for this release is missing).
>
> I contacted my mentor about this: I got an email about a week or two ago
> saying that my packages were being deleted since I hadn't found a
> sponsor after 20 weeks. Which is not correct as he is my sponsor on
> this.

ok. I'll let you sponsor handle the next steps.

All the best

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org