Re: GBP and moving to a new upstream release...

On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 17:47:51 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> > What is the right way to go about this?
> First, fix your git repo before attempting an import:
> - watch file is broken
> - several files have git merge artifacts (try a «ack '<<<'» in your repo)
> - upstream and pristine-tar branches are missing (you may have forgotten to
> push them).

Another thing to check after fixing other issues:
- merge the upstream branch or the last upstream/* tag into master
  before importing the new release
  (I've seen this missing sometimes for reasons I never understood;
  gitk or tig are helpful to find such cases)

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: David Bowie: Rock & Roll Suicide