Re: Debian git workflow

hello Paul,

Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> writes:
> On 03-04-15 17:55, Felix Natter wrote:
>> does nobody have an opinion on this?
>>
>> In short: Is it better to have _a lot_ of beta gbp import-origs, commits
>> that are reverted/superceded etc. OR
>> develop on a private repository and copy the debian/* changes to alioth
>> on a release?
>
> If this means that from one release to the next is only one commit, I
> personally don't like it. Usually history (with good commit messages)

That's exaggerated: I usually manage to split this into ~10 commits,
but they all share the same timestamp. See:
  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/knopflerfish-osgi.git

> helps a lot with figuring out why what happened and where bugs were
> introduced. Not only for my own packages, but especially if I look at
> packages done by others, be it to fix some bug via NMU or because of
> take over. Basically, if you are only doing one commit, there is hardly
> any use for the repository, as I could get the same by downloading the
> packages from snapshot.d.o.

Ok. If there is no strong opinion about it, I will choose one method
based on personal judgement.

Thanks and Best Regareds,
--
Felix Natter