Re: dep5-copyright-license-name-not-unique

Hello Daniel,
On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 03:18:13PM +0000, Daniel Lintott wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 03:59:31PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > For goobox, the list of improper paragraph starts with:
> >  (paragraph at line 25)
> >  (paragraph at line 66)
> >  (paragraph at line 84)
> >
> > Looking at debian/copyright yields:
> > 25: second use of GPL-2+
> > 66: Before third use of GPL-2+
> > 84: Before fourth use of GPL-2+
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers, ideas, mistakes.
> >

> You don't need to duplicate the License text multiple times.

Thanks, this makes the file much shorter. I just wonder why lintian
does not accept the longer form (which, by my reading, is allowed as
well).

> You can simply specify the License field for the files covered by the license in question.
>
> For example:
>
> Files: debian/*
> Copyright: 2013-2014, Daniel Lintott <daniel@serverb.co.uk>
> License: GPL-2.0+
>
> Then specify the license text seperately.
>
> License: GPL-2.0+
>  This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
>  (at your option) any later version.
>  [SNIP]

I'll see what lintian (the online version) says to the shorter
debian/copyright and maybe file a bug for the license specification
(which allows both forms).

Greetings

          Helge