Re: Starting services after installing a package

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Jose Guerrero wrote:

> I am packaging a django app and I would like that after installing the
> package, nginx and uwsgi services would start automatically. I am using
> debuild to build the package and I have no idea where or how to specify the
> services I want to start after the installation.
>
> I hope somebody here could point me in the right direction with this, any
> help is appreciated.

First you need a tool that can be run to create the relevant
configurations. That tool should support a variety of different web
servers, not just nginx.

In general, there isn't any way to know how the sysadmin wants to
setup web apps so you need to ask them if they want to set up the app
automatically, how many sites they want and for each one, prompt them
for what URL to expose the app at, which web server to use, which
application server to use, which databases to use, which filesystem
locations to put files and so on. Then run the tool from postinst to
generate the web server configurations.

Which django app are you packaging?

--
bye,