Re: odd Vcs-Git pointer in control file, package fortune-zh

lumin <cdluminate@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm a very newbie trying to adopt a package, according to the Debian new
> maintainer's guide.  My target package is now "fortune-zh", as it seems
> to be very simple to work with (to fix chinese character typo that I
> noticed).

> In the 1.10 version (jessie, unstable) of fortune-zh, I found this line
> in control:
> Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/chinese/fortune-zh.git

> So I cloned that Git repo, and then found the latest version in that git
> repo is 1.9 ..........

> Then I looked up for bugs filed for fortune-zh, then found #518054 and
> #629014. I didn't found any hint revealing where the newest repo lies.

> I wonder if that 1.10 commit was out of nothing?  I have no idea where
> to clone that newest repo (containing 1.10) so I can continue my ITA.

The 1.10 upload was a QA upload, and probably didn't push anything to the
Git repository.  Debian packages are not required to use Git, and QA
uploads for orphaned packages often don't.

You can import the changes from 1.10 into the repository using a tool such
as gbp import-dsc from the git-buildpackage package.  That's what I'd do
at this point.