Re: Useless call to ldconfig and shared libraries issue

Hi,

I'm still working on the packaging of fw4spl (a medical software) for
the Debian-Med project [1], and I'm faced to an issue for a few days.
I've this lintian warnings ;

 W: fw4spl: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
 W: fw4spl: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
Are you 100% sure you need a ld.so.conf snipper for the packages to work?
There are better ways to use libraries installed into private paths.

I install libraries into /usr/lib/fw4spl
(fw4spl is the name of my package)

I'm not sure that I need a ld.so.conf snipper, but I'm sure that the software
doesn't work when I don't use it.

I get this error :
./debian/fw4spl/usr/bin/fwLauncher: error while loading shared libraries:
libfwCore.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Thank you for your help,

Corentin