Re: How do I split a source package into several binaries?

On 24/01/15 09:39, Jacob Adams wrote:
> I have a source package, a game, that has a lot of resources. I
> was installing these at /usr/share/beret but I then received a
> lintian warning, arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share, which
> recommends that I split up the package. How can I spilt this
> package into binary and data packages? I am using dh and initially
> set "single binary"

You'll need to add another package description in d/control, and then
add beret.install, beret-data.install and possibly beret-data.docs.

See https://wiki.debian.org/PkgSplit for more information, and see
this package for an example:
http://sources.debian.net/src/blender/2.73.a%2Bdfsg0-1/debian/