Re: From mentors to Debian repo

+++ T o n g [2015-01-11 20:11 +0000]:
> Hi,
>
> What happens when I have *more than one* version uploaded to mentors,
> then ftp master upload the package to the official Debian repo?

I don't think the version on mentors matters here. What matters is
what versions are uploaded to the Debian archive.

> It happened to me twice, and twice had the older package appear in
> official Debian repo, instead of my newly uploaded latest version.

To take the dbab example, which I am familiar with as sponsor. What happens is this:

1) You upload 1.1.2 to mentors. I review and upload 1.1.2 to Debian. Sits in NEW queue.

2) You upload 1.2.2 to mentors. I review and upload 1.2.2 to Debian. Sits in NEW queue.

3) FTPmaster gets to review dbab and OK's it in queue. They can easily
   not notice that there is a second version already uploaded (I
   suspect their interface makes it hard to notice as this has
   happened to me a couple times). FTPmaster OKs dbab 1.1.2 so it is
   now in unstable. 1.2.2 is also in the archive, but now in a sort of
   limbo.

4) I try to re-upload 1.2.2 but it fails due to 'already in the archive/mismatched
   checksums'.

5) Before I get round to fixing this something (FTPmaster or some cleanup code, I don't
   know), notices 1.2.2 and it migrates into unstable.

So, none of this is really anything to do with the versions uploaded to mentors.

It's best not to upload a second version before the first one is out
of NEW, because there is a quite a high risk of something like the
above happening, which is not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/