Re: tuxonice-userui: can architecture be changed to linux-any ?

Le 01/02/15 05:02, Paul Wise a écrit :
> The TuxOnIce Linux kernel patch was removed from Debian after lenny,
> why is tuxonice-userui still in Debian? If tuxonice-userui doesn't
> work without a TuxOnIce-patched version of the Linux kernel, then
> tuxonice-userui should either be moved to contrib

Right. Never thought about this.
I guess this should even be fixed for Jessie.

> or linux-patch-tuxonice should be brought back into Debian.

Ah, I forgot this one.
I'd like the kernel part to be back into Debian but I feel a bit uncomfortable in maintaining a package I would never use.
I build my own kernel on my laptop and I've always done it from a Git working copies (merging stable/TOI/AUFS branches).

That's anyway not possible for the moment. TOI is works great with 3.16 but it's too late for Jessie.
And there's no patch yet for 3.17+ kernels.

> Add a build-time test suite if that is possible and an as-installed
> test suite using DEP-8:
>
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/

Ouch. Ideally yes, but how to test hibernation ?
By building a kernel with TOI-enabled, running it inside a VM, and capturing the screen while it is hibernating ?
Looks like a crazy task.