Re: package libpsl needs a new sponsor

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, Tim Rühsen wrote:
> > > The latest release version is 0.6.2 which fixes an issue that should IMHO
> > > go into the upcoming Jessie. (It corrects a failure in the pkg-config
> > > file which prevents proper detection of libpsl presence.)

> > It is likely that it would be better to just patch 0.5.1-1 with the
> > pkg-config change, unless the changes between 0.5.1 and 0.6.2 upstream are
> > all simple and only bugfixes.
>
> Well, I could open a few bug reports to libpsl (which already have been fixed
> upstream)... but it seems pretty pointless ;-)

Please open one about the pkg-config issue, describe it well, and tag it
"fixed-upstream"...

> I guess you are all pretty busy... I am not in a hurry and will wait for the
> unfreeze.

If you feel the pkg-config issue is serious enough to warrant the work, and
you're really really fast at preparing a 0.5.1-2 package with the pkg-config
(and debian/changelog) as the only changes, it is probably possible to get
that into Debian jessie (the next Debian stable release).

> Sorry for being a bit clueless about Debian organisation. It's the first time I
> came in contact with it.

It is usually much easier than this to get fixed packages in Debian, but
we've frozen jessie to fix only the remaining bugs, so there are some rather
draconian "fixes only" policies in effect right now.

  Henrique Holschuh