Re: Arasan

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:46:09PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Michel.
>
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2014, Michel Van den Bergh wrote:
> > Would anyone be interested in packaging (or just sponsoring) the
> > chess engine Arasan?
>
> Do you have a Debian package ready?
>
> Anyway, I hacked one together, but it is not ready for
> upload due to the embedded copy of libz. I have a patch that
> removes and tries to dynamically link it (in debian/patches),
> but that does not work - no idea why.

Ahhh, I just filed ITP #771057 a couple of hours ago after Michel
took his request to debian-games-devel... :)  I'll take a look at
your package.

> If someone wants to send patches, happy!
[snip some interesting issues that I would have probably run into
 once I started actually packaging it...]
> If someone else wants to help/contribute, I push the current status
> to a git repo for collaboration.

Would you mind using a pkg-games repo for this?  I think we might even
want to base our work on a clone of the upstream repo at
https://github.com/jdart1/arasan-chess

I could set up a pkg-games repo if you're okay with going this way...

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org p.penchev@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13