Re: Packaging multiple version of cakephp

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 08:31:04AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Maxime Chatelle wrote:
>
> > The three branches should be co-installable. So, each package will want
> > to install itself into /usr/share/php. To avoid names clashes, I think
> > using a subdirectory by package and with a patch in the app templates to
> > fix the include path can fix the problem.
>
> Hmm, that sounds like Debian will be incompatible with external templates?

You pointed me to something I must care. Thanks.

> > And shell utilities will be suffixed by the version number
> > (e.g. bake1.3, bake2, bake3)
>
> This sounds like an incompatible deviation from upstream, you might
> want to talk to them about your plan first.

I will dig into other better alternatives before, but OK, I will do it
if it still needed.

> > What do you think about it ?
>
> I don't think renaming the existing cakephp (1.3) package is a useful
> thing to do.

Yes, I realized this later in the evening.

xakz
--
Maxime Chatelle
gpg: 5111 3F15 362E 13C6 CCDE  03BE BFBA B6E3 24AE 0C5B