Re: getdns NMU

Hi Ondřej,

* Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>, 2014-10-24, 13:28:
Really? Preparing getdns NMU on mentors.debian.net without filling bug reports or even notifying a maintainer?

Please keep in mind than debian-mentors@ is supposed to be a friendly place to newcomers.

mentors.debian.net is not a DELAYED queue ;-), it's just a hosting site for source packages. Just because someone uploaded a package saying "NMU" in the changelog doesn't mean they actually intend to NMU.

But anyway, this workflow seems completely reasonable to me:
1) upload to mentors.d.n;
2) have someone review the changes;
3) have someone commit to upload the NMU;
4) file a bug (or post to existing bug) stating your intention to NMU.

This is how I did NMUs before I was a DD, and this is how I expect non-DDs to NMU my packages.

--
Jakub Wilk