Re: proper way to override dh_gencontrol

Oh ya, I read through that. The other problem is the `dh_make` custom template mechanism which only functions superficially.
It doesn't override the `/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/` ones very well unless all of them are copied and changed.
It should override templates in a merging way with the default ones.

P.S. what is proving difficult is this -> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html
It would be nice to see a quick video to initially put my head around the concept.

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Robert Steckroth wrote:

> I want this to be a single script file. That would require directory
> structure to be present before the script.

Generally we don't do that in Debian, please read through this:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

--
bye,
pabs