Re: Unlicensed files

A Dimarts, 27 de maig de 2014, Tobias Frost va escriure:
> On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 08:08 +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm making a package and I have two files (scripts) that have no license.
> > have asked to upstream and his answer was that that files are unlicensed.
> >
> > As I have a bug because partially mentions that files, what should I write
in
> > the copyright file?
>
> Well, if they are really "unclicenesed" they are undistributeable, so
> you cannot have them in the package at all. Not even in non-free.
> This is as copyright law defaults to "all rights reserved" in most
> countries, and "all" includes distribution as well etc.
>
> Maybe upstream just meant "same license as the remaining files"?

no ...

> Or they just not aware that an unlicensed file causes trouble?

probably.

I have bug [1] and therefore I asked to upstream about this files. Hi kindly
reported me the licenses, but I have some files (for instance javascripts
gen_validatorv31.js) that I have not found any information about the license.

Also, in the test directory, not in any deb file, I have two shell script with
no license in the header, and I have just a sentence in a private mail from
upstream.

So, I understand that as we redistribute the sources, we have the same
restrictions, no?

May I think to repackage the sources to follow dfsg rules?

Regards,

Leopold

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=741603

Linux User 152692