RFS: OpenALPR/1.1.1

Mentors,

I have a package called "openalpr" that recognizes license plates from images. It is a binary app as well as a shared library. I am hoping to find a sponsor to help me get this packaged up properly for Debian. I've tested on sid and Ubuntu 14.04 and it seems to work, but I'm not sure if I'm conforming to best-practices.

On the OpenALPR github project (https://github.com/openalpr/openalpr), there is a branch (tesseract3.0.3) that is configured to package a deb via cmake/cpack that should work on Debian unstable. From the src dir, executing cpack should create the right binary deb.

I submitted an ITP bug report here (747509):

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: "Matthew Hill" <matt@ndu.com>

* Package name: openalpr
  Version: 1.1.1
  Upstream Author: Matthew Hill <matt@ndu.com>
OpenALPR is an open source Automated License Plate Recognition library written in C++. The library analyzes images and identifies license plates. The output is the text representation of any license plate characters found in the image.