Re: [Openmama-dev] QPID dependencies

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 02:15:18PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Ok, I guess this can be looked at this as part of the OpenMAMA package
> update to get your packaged sponsored
>
> You have several wnpp bugs, I think the link I gave in the earlier email
> is not the one you link in the changelog, so we could use this one instead:

Okay.

> The lintian report (mentors.debian.net) shows a lot of 'E' and 'W'
> messages.  It is hard for a sponsor to upload the package while those
> exist.  If you can remove them, I could then sponsor it.  Many of them
> are duplicates and some are quite easy to fix, e.g.
>
>     copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-apache-2
> <http://lintian.debian.org/tags/copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-apache-2.html>
>
> is basically telling you the debian/copyright file should refer to
> /usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0

I'll fix those straight away.

> Also, do you want to track the debian/* files in your qpid-proton
> repository or would you like Debian to keep those in a Debian hosted Git
> server?  For the latter, you just need to create a guest account on
> http://alioth.debian.org and send me your username and we can work out a
> way for you to put things in Git on alioth.

I've created one, mcpierce-guest, and would like to use that to track
the packaging changes.

> If you let me know about these things and cc the
> debian-mentors@lists.debian.org mailing list and the bug we will get
> this moving along.

Excellent! Thank you.

So, just to clarify for myself given the workflow differences between
Debian and Fedora, my next step is to update the qpid-proton package,
fixing the bugs reported, and upload it via dput against bug#732302?

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/