RE: how to do this with dh7

> Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 18:10:13 +0800
> Subject: Re: FW: how to do this with dh7
> From: pabs@debian.org
> To: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
>
> On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Roelof Wobben wrote:
>
>> Yes, I have more knowlegde about dh7.
>
> Seems reasonable.
>
>> And according to the manual Im not allowed to use the debian directory provided upstream.
>
> I don't think 'allowed' is the right word there. You definitely can
> use it if you want.

Oke, I was reffering to this page : https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What.27s_wrong_with_upstream_shipping_a_debian.2F_directory.3F

If I can use the debian directory which the Linux mint people have made, porting Cinnamon to Debian is easy. I only have to change the copyright and make a watch file.
For learning to be a good maintainer and understanding what Im doing this does not like the right way.

That's why I asked how to do some things on the dh7 way instead of the cbds way.

Roelof