Re: Different symbols for different architectures

On Dec 29, 2013 11:43 AM, "Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
>
> > Seems that different architectures have different symbols.
>
> To me it doesn't look that simple, since the missing symbols are the
> same on many arches. It seems like upstream is basing the
> presence/absence of some public functions on what is returned by
> ./configure.
> If rpl_* means replacement for broken functions (I guess it does), it
> may even be leaking symbols that are meant to be private, which should
> definitely be fixed.

After some considerations I think you are right..

Anyway, I kindly forwarded the issue upstream and he though that a shared library for such a program was too much, and changed the makefile to build only the three binaries. I imported the upstream commit as a quilt patch, and uploaded a new release.

Now licenseutils build quite fine (I'm looking forward to fix also the remaining FTBFSes  on the exotic arches)