Re: code reuse in debian/package.config

"Yuri Oleynikov (יורי אולייניקוב" <yurkao@gmail.com> writes:

> I've tried to - that not helped at all

Hm, I'm not sure there's a way to do what you want, then, other than by
moving all your debconf work to postinst.  Note debconf-devel(7):

       Note that the config script is run before the package is unpacked.
       It should only use commands that are in essential packages. The
       only dependency of your package that is guaranteed to be met when
       its config script is run is a dependency (possibly versioned) on
       debconf itself.

which indeed doesn't say that even Pre-Depends will work.  I thought it
might, but it looks like it won't.

You may want to consider using the approach used in various Debian
packages instead: Build-Depend on the package containing the common
library, and assemble your maintainer scripts during the build so that
they're self-contained in the generated package.