Re: Re: Big data is needed for unit test

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Corentin Desfarges wrote:

> With the authorization of the responsibles of the project, I published the
> file here [2]

It contains the names of one patient and his birth date so that
probably wasn't a good idea. This file appears to contain CT scan
results in a custom format? I can't view the scan itself as the
software isn't packaged yet :) I was able to view the metadata though.

Back to the original question of reducing the size of the data:

You could unzip the file, remove all of the large .raw files and leave
some small ones, modify root.json to remove the entries for .raw files
you removed and then zip the file up again. I'm not sure if this would
result in a valid file or not.

You could also do another scan at a much lower resolution if that is
possible with the equipment you have.

Anyway, I don't consider the size to be a big issue as long as you put
the data in a second orig.tar.gz. An example of this can be seen here:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/megaglest-data/3.7.1-1/
http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20130918T214444Z/pool/main/m/megaglest-data/megaglest-data_3.7.1-1.dsc

> [2] http://goo.gl/...

Google Drive is very unfriendly to people who turn off JS, Cookies
etc, next time please upload the file to somewhere else and link
directly to the file download URL instead of indirect ways to find the
file.

--
bye,
pabs