Re: Self-maintained Debian packages best practice

 ❦ 30 novembre 2014 14:06 GMT, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> :

> I'm currently hosting my self-maintained Debian packages on GitHub. Here
> is my dilemma:
>
>  - It is commonly recommended not to put the `debian` folder within the
> source tree so as to make it easier for other distros.

In the past, having a `debian/` directory upstream was a pain because we
didn't have a proper way to remove a file if needed. Nowadays, it is
perfectly fine if you use a 3.0 format.
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "Warning: defective CD-ROM (volume sequence
number). Enabling \"cruft\" mount option.\n");