Re: package libpsl needs a new sponsor

Am Freitag, 28. November 2014, 12:36:39 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> > Hi, I am the author and maintainer of libpsl, a dependency of package
> > wget.
> >
> > So far Daniel Kahn Gillmor has been the sponsor. He has not responded to
> > my
> > emails asking him to upload a new version of libpsl (last one 17.11.2014).
> > Now I am looking for a new sponsor.
> >
> > The latest uploaded/packaged version is 0.5.1-1.
> > The latest release version is 0.6.2 which fixes an issue that should IMHO
> > go into the upcoming Jessie. (It corrects a failure in the pkg-config
> > file which prevents proper detection of libpsl presence.)
> >
> > The packaging is done and needs review and uploading.
> > It can be found in a git repository (https://github.com/rockdaboot/libpsl,
> > branch 'debian').
> >
> > If there is anything else I can do, please give me a hint.
>
> Jessie is in freeze, entering deep freeze in a few days.
>
> Prepare a fully-justified request for a release unblock, otherwise it is
> pointless to upload to sid (experimental is OK).
>
> It must have a full description of the reasons for the change, the diffstat
> of the debdiff, and a debdiff.  I usually abridge from the debdiff any noise
> such as updates to automatically-generated files/buildsystem (configure,
> config.sub/guess, etc).
>
> It is likely that it would be better to just patch 0.5.1-1 with the
> pkg-config change, unless the changes between 0.5.1 and 0.6.2 upstream are
> all simple and only bugfixes.

Thanks for your answer, though I have to look up what
	"fully-justified request for a release unblock"
means.

Well, I could open a few bug reports to libpsl (which already have been fixed
upstream)... but it seems pretty pointless ;-)

I guess you are all pretty busy... I am not in a hurry and will wait for the
unfreeze.

Sorry for being a bit clueless about Debian organisation. It's the first time I
came in contact with it.

Tim