Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

On 2014-11-10 at 11:41:39 +0100, Christian Kastner wrote:
> But I can see that rewarding individual tasks with badges and the like
> can have their appeal, especially for newcomers not yet having
> aspirations of becoming DM/DD, instead only wishing to contribute a
> little something back to Debian, even if it's just a one-off thing. I
> think rewarding contributions in this fashion is a great way to inspire
> an "I'm part of this" feeling in contributors.

Speaking of giving an "I'm part of this" feeling: do you already
know about contributors_?

It is meant to track contributions to Debian, with the aim to thank
both newcomers and continuing contributors, altought it doesn't
work at the single task level, but is more focused on continuity.

Some more informations about it are available on the announce_ email.

.. _contributors: https://contributors.debian.org/
.. _announce: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/12/msg00009.html

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''