Minimized Javascript

Hi,

I'm doing the packaging for a documentation package. The content is
HTML, CSS, some images, one "source" javascript library, and 2 minimized
javascript libraries. The minimized libraries is a problem.

I think about these solutions:

1) Remove minimized libraries from the source package (dfsg), create two
new Debian packages for the libraries and do the required linking.

2) Remove minimized libraries from the source package (dfsg) and add
quilt patches to include "source" version of the libraries.

3) Remove minimized libraries from the source package (dfsg) and trying
to patch HTML files to get rid of the libraries.

4) (Not sure if I can do that) Remove minimized versions and replace
these by the "source" versions directly in the DFSG source package.

The solution 1 is the more elegant but adds packages to the archive,
packages that need to be maintained even if the documentation package
changes the used libraries.

The solution 2 is OK since it's just a documentation package, not a web
framework that needs the "performance" of a minimized version. But
libraries cannot be shared with other packages (The installed size of
the 2 libraries is about 50kB).

The solution 3 requires probably too much work and can become
unmaintainable for future upstream versions.

The solution 4 is just like the 2. But I'm not sure if I can do that.

Little precision: the upstream author do not do the minimization by
himself, he just adds the minimized versions from the respective
libraries homepages. So, no build system to modify.

What the Debian style to handle that ?

Regards.
--
Maxime Chatelle (xakz)
gpg: 5111 3F15 362E 13C6 CCDE  03BE BFBA B6E3 24AE 0C5B