Re: automake and dh_auto_test

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> Hello Forum,

<pedantic> This is actually a mailing list :) </pedantic>

> I am wondering whether dh_auto_test works properly with Makefile generated via automake.

It should work properly if upstream is doing things the usual way.

> For my current packaging, I observe that, during a debuild building, dh_auto_test only
> builds the test program (listed in check_PROGRAMS), but does not launch TESTS;
> nevertheless, in hand mode, if dh_auto_test is ran twice, the check is performed
> at the seconf launch (while the first launch only builds the test program).
> Any hint ?

You might want to include some information about your particular
problem, otherwise we cannot help you effectively.

I would suggest to include at least the name of the package you are
working on, a log of the package build with DH_VERBOSE=1, a pastebin
of the generated Makefile, a pastebin of debian/rules and a link to
the source package.

--
bye,
pabs