git shallow clone from Debian anonscm git

Hi,

How can I do a git shallow clone from Debian anonscm git?

The project I want to clone is

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/ddclient.git;a=summary

in the package's description, the git url is

git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/ddclient.git

Thus, I tried "git clone --depth 1 git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/
ddclient.git", but got the following:

  $ git clone --depth 1 git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/ddclient.git
  Cloning into 'ddclient'...
  fatal: early EOF
  fatal: --shallow-file failed

Then I tried shallow clone from the http interface, but got the following:

  $ git clone --depth 1 https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/collab-
maint/ddclient.git
  Cloning into 'ddclient'...
  fatal: dumb http transport does not support --depth

So, how can I do a git shallow clone from Debian anonscm git?
Or, how can I get the lastest ddclient git code without the histories?

Thanks