I would like to renew my request to delay the removal of maitreya from testing.

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:04:28PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:45:19AM -0500, Paul Elliott wrote:
> > Is there any way the removal of maitreya from testing
> > can be delayed until after the new version of sqlite3
> > becomes available in unstable?
>
> That shouldn't be a concern - the autorm is 4 weeks off, and there are
> only 3 dependent packages in the wxsqlite3 transition.  And looking at
> the buildd status for wxsqlite3 for experimental, I see the updated
> package has built everywhere but sparc, and sparc is not currently taken
> into account for testing migration, so it looks ready to me.
>
> Laszlo: Are you ready for an upload to unstable when we get a go from
> the release team?  If so, we should file a transition bug (I'm happy to
> file it on your behalf if that gets things moving along more
> efficiently).
>
> Paul: I've now filed the wxwidgets3.0 transition bug for maitreya which
> I promised you in a previous mail in this thread.  It looks like there
> are a few changes needed for wxwidgets3.0 support (I included a partial
> patch).

The package upstream has just finished updating the package and
I am now working to use that new upstream release which
has been modified to use wxwidgets3.0. It should not take
long if I do not run into problems.

BUT! I have just checked packages.debian.org and I find that
libwxsqlite3-3.0-dev which the new version of maitreya will depend on
is still in experimental! Even if it were released to unstable
immeadiately, it would take at least 10 days, by my understanding, for
it to reach testing, and then 10 days for maitreya to follow.

Therefore, I would like to request additional delay to sometime
after libwxsqlite3-3.0-dev reaches testing. As matters
now stand there is no way I can reach the deadline of
-- maitreya 7.0.5-1 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2014-06-28 --
due to factors outside of my control!

I plan to grab the source for libwxsqlite3-3.0-dev from
testing and see if I can get it to build under unstable.

I then should be able to test my new version of maitreya,
but even if all this works, I still will have to wait till it
actually reaches unstable before I can ask Jaldhar H. Vyas to
upload.

Thank You for considering my request.

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J