Re: Any help for upstream to create proper release tarballs on Github? (Was: Patch for idba to build with clang compiler)

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> upstream of idba switched to Github and I have adapted the packaging here:
>
>   svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/idba/trunk/
>
> It has turned out that the download tarball contains the source and what
> is supposted to be the release tarball.  Upstream has asked me for help
> in this but I'm not at Github and thus I wonder if somebody on this list
> might have a solution for the problem described below.

github has the ability to upload tarballs/binary packages that
correspond to releases. So delete your tarballs from the git
repository, then generate your tarball as per normal (if using
autotools: make distcheck) and attach it to the relevant tag using the
github web interface.

--
bye,
pabs