Debug packages

Hi,

there's one thing that I thing that I have not understood quiet well in the
packaging procedure: the debug packages (-dbg)

For example, I'm packaging a library (ompl) and I have provided a debug
version-. I have added in rules:

override_dh_strip:
        dh_strip --dbg-package=libompl9-dbg

and in the compiler options have added ReleaseWithDebugInfo.

I can create the package, install and the contents of the package are:

$ dpkg -L libompl9-dbg
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/debug
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/c9
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/c9/26a06799aad431575e8950b792cba73bf73dd9.debug
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libompl9-dbg
/usr/share/doc/libompl9-dbg/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libompl9-dbg/copyright

with the information of the build.

However, when I debug a program that uses ompl, and I want to trace a
function, I cannot see the sources (this is normal?). The debug file is quiet
big, and I think that it should contains the code to trace. So:

- There some way to create a package with all the information to debug it?

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692
Catalonia