Re: What do you do when your sid development system stops working?

On 05/12/2014 04:33 AM, Paul Elliott wrote:
I like to do my packaging under sid, because
that is where the packages will first have to run, so
I can test them there.

But what do you do when your sid system stop work
after doing an apt-get dist-upgrade? X11 stopped working
no screens found.

Of course I filed a bug.

But is there some kind of work around that will let you
keep working somehow?

I personally use testing and have a lxc container with sid.
Has been working perfectly for a couple of years.
Even more I have a couple of containers, some for Ubuntu backporting, though one coud use pbuilder/cowbuilder for that.

Regards,
Alex