Re: RFS: OpenALPR/1.1.1

Hi,

I would like to package this as I am already using this Software
I will fill an itp soon and upload packages to Mentors. Matt, is this OK for you?

Stefan

Am 09.05.2014 16:26 schrieb Matt Hill <matt@ndu.com>:

Mentors,

I have a package called "openalpr" that recognizes license plates from
images.  It is a binary app as well as a shared library.  I am hoping to
find a sponsor to help me get this packaged up properly for Debian.
I've tested on sid and Ubuntu 14.04 and it seems to work, but I'm not
sure if I'm conforming to best-practices.

On the OpenALPR github project (https://github.com/openalpr/openalpr),
there is a branch (tesseract3.0.3) that is configured to package a deb
via cmake/cpack that should work on Debian unstable.  From the src dir,
executing cpack should create the right binary deb.

I submitted an ITP bug report here (747509):

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: "Matthew Hill" <matt@ndu.com>

* Package name: openalpr
   Version: 1.1.1
   Upstream Author: Matthew Hill <matt@ndu.com>
   OpenALPR is an open source Automated License Plate Recognition
library written in C++. The library analyzes images and identifies
license plates. The output is the text representation of any license
plate characters found in the image.