Re: Dual licence + linking openssl

Dariusz Dwornikowski <dariusz.dwornikowski@cs.put.poznan.pl> writes:

> I know that OpenSSL licence is incompatible with GPL but what when a
> package linking to openssl is dual licenced under GPL and MIT.

> Can I just "choose" MIT and say, hey they are compatible ?
> Is such a package suitable for Debian ?

Yes, and yes.

There really isn't much difference between dual-licensed MIT and GPL and
just MIT.  Mostly, it just makes it explicitly clear that the software can
be redistributed under the terms of the GPL in case anyone is particularly
nervous or conservative about that.  (It's generally believed that this
can be done for MIT-licensed software regardless of whether it's
dual-licensed, since there aren't any license terms that conflict.)