Re: No upstream versioning

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at> wrote:
On 2014-04-24 12:45, Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
> On 24.04.14 20:12:12, Benjamin Donald-Wilson wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm wishing to package ipad-charge[0] for Debian.[1] The only problem I
>> appear to be having is that the upstream don't version their uploads. I've
>> emailed the developer a few days ago but haven't received a response so far.
>> I'm wondering what I should version it as if I do not receive a reply from
>> the upstream developer?
>
> Create an issue on github to tag his releases.

​There was an issue reported about a year ago with regards about versioning (https://github.com/mkorenkov/ipad_charge/issues/24) however there was no replies.​

If that doesn't work, another possibility would be to create a mock
version number based on the date, for example YYYYMMDD.{7-digit-commit-ID}.

​So I will most likely go with this option and build the package tomorrow.