Automake help wanted

Hi,

for a new package (smalt [1]) I needed to patch a Makefile.am.  To bring
this patch into effect I was using dh_autoreconf and when doing so I
needed to do some additional patches to keep recent automake happy.  The
actual patch can be seen here[2].  While this creates a set of valid
Makefile.im which enabled me to build the executable it leads to a file
test/Makefile which tries to call `python /bin/bash ...` which surely
fails since /bin/bash is just no Python file.

Currently I have disabled the patches and dh_autoreconf in SVN and use a
quick-n-dirty solution which fixes the Makefile in debian/rules right
before the test is running.  However, I would like to give upstream a
helping hand to fix the automake stuff properly since otherwise he will
probably keep on using his old automake stuff and we remain with the
lintian issues

W: smalt source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config.guess 2009-11-20
W: smalt source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config.sub 2009-11-20

Any idea how the test suite can be properly created?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/smalt/trunk/
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/smalt/trunk/debian/patches/try_to_fix_automake.patch?view=markup

--
http://fam-tille.de