Re: Help with d-shlibs needed

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:39:29PM +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 04:03:02PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > Isn't it just much easier to use a install file pointing the right
> > > places?
> > No.  You need to adapt to different versions
> Huh?

well, the former packaging contained files

    debian/libbamtools2.2.0*

which would have needed to be renamed to

    debian/libbamtools2.3.0*

for the new version.  There is no need to do so when using d-shlibs.

And yes, I know that you could do a different rules file and care with
this.  But I was asked why I'm using the tool that was *designed* to
handle libraries for a library package.  I've thought a short answer
would be sufficient.

Does this makes things more clear and has anybody an idea how to
solve the original problem?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--