Re: pbuilder --autocleanaptcache ???

On 20/03/14 14:27, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to clean up only those debs from pbuilder apt cache which are
> outdated and not used any more.  Since --autocleanaptcache only results
> in printing the help page I did some research and the only hint on the
> weg is this quite old bug in Ubuntu:
>
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pbuilder/+bug/358264
>
> Does this bug really remain active (and not reported in Debian) or am
> I simply to stupid to use this option??
>
> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.

It seems it's important where you place the flag.

I've just run (using pbuilder-dist wrapper)

pbuilder-unstable update --autocleanaptcache

which definately seemed to clean up a LOT of obsolete .deb's... With
literally hundreds of lines like this:

I: obsolete cache content debhelper_9.20130921_all.deb removed

So it seems like it should work

Regards,
 Daniel