sysV and dependency loop

Dear Mentors,

I'm working on a article about systemd, so i read the following link at
first:
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd.html

I found the following context in the above link:
Hardware and Software Change Dynamically
Modern systems (especially general purpose OS) are highly dynamic in
their configuration and use: they are mobile, different applications are
started and stopped, different hardware added and removed again. An init
system that is responsible for maintaining services needs to listen to
hardware and software changes. It needs to dynamically start (and
sometimes stop) services as they are needed to run a program or enable
some hardware.

Most current systems that try to parallelize boot-up still synchronize
the start-up of the various daemons involved: since Avahi needs D-Bus,
D-Bus is started first, and only when D-Bus signals that it is ready,
Avahi is started too. Similar for other services: livirtd and X11 need
HAL (well, I am considering the Fedora 13 services here, ignore that HAL
is obsolete), hence HAL is started first, before livirtd and X11 are
started. And libvirtd also needs Avahi, so it waits for Avahi too. And
all of them require syslog, so they all wait until Syslog is fully
started up and initialized. And so on.

My question is : How it implemented in sysv?

Yours,
Mohsen