Re: Cinnamon-desktop - no rule to build target error message

> Hello,
>
> When I try to build cinnamon-desktop with debuild I see this error message:
>
> make[1]: Map
> '/home/roelof/porting_work/cinnamon-desktop/cinnamon-desktop-2.0.4' wordt
> verlaten
>    dh_auto_test
>     make -j1 check
> make[1]: Map
> '/home/roelof/porting_work/cinnamon-desktop/cinnamon-desktop-2.0.4' wordt
> binnengegaan
> Making check in libcinnamon-desktop
> make[2]: Map
> '/home/roelof/porting_work/cinnamon-desktop/cinnamon-desktop-2.0.4/libcinnamon-desktop'
> wordt binnengegaan
> test -s ../libcinnamon-desktop/pnp.ids
> make[2]: Map
> '/home/roelof/porting_work/cinnamon-desktop/cinnamon-desktop-2.0.4/libcinnamon-desktop'
> wordt verlaten
> Making check in po
> make[2]: Map
> '/home/roelof/porting_work/cinnamon-desktop/cinnamon-desktop-2.0.4/po' wordt
> binnengegaan
> make[2]: *** There is no rule to make target
> '../libgnome-desktop/display-name.c' neeeded for 'cinnamon-desktop.pot'.
> Aborting.
>
> The tree which I build can be found here :
> https://github.com/CinnamonDebian/cinnamon-desktop
Looks like you are discovering loads and loads of Cinnamon bugs here!
This is a bug in the makefile, because they renamed libgnome-desktop
and apparently forgot to adjust a patch in the build-system. You can
create a quilt patch for it and send it upstream.
Btw, related question: Why can't they just use GJS and have to for it
to CJS? GJS should be usable for anything in Cinnamon as well, and
introducing forked code is always a bad thing (= more work for the
security team).
Cheers,
    Matthias