why does gnome-based packages builds fine with cbds and not with dh7

Hello,

I have tried to build 2 packages from Cinnamon ( a gnome-based DE)

When I do debuild on the by upstream made cdbs rules file both compiles fine.

When I try to rebuild them by using dh7 which I like more then I see a lot of build-problems
Like a directory cannot be build because of permission errors a rule which cannot be find to
build a target.

Schould it be true that it do not matters which build system you use ?

Roelof