Re: revieuws

On 02/05/2014 12:46 PM, Roelof Wobben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I uploaded my first package called audiosum.
> You can find it here : https://mentors.debian.net/package/audiosum
>
> What do you mentors think of this package ?

Hi. I'm not a DD, but...

1. Well, manpages could be better, but I think upstream should fix them
either manually or make them more help2man friendly. Oh wait, upstream
is me! :-/ I'll work on that for 0.3.1 or 0.4. I don't know what other
mentors think, if the manpages should be fixed immediately (which would
be difficult for upstream to do) or if it's ok to go on like that and
fix them in a future version of the package.

2. In the debian/control file, there are unused lines (Vcs-*). I'd
suggest you remove them, not just comment them.

3.The description is wrong and not understandable. A user should be able
to make sense of what the pagckage does just my looking at its
description. Try this:

 Audiosum displays the checksum for non-ID3 content in audio files.
 This makes it possible to find mp3 files that only differ on their
 ID3 tags. Audiodup is an included wrapper for audiosum that finds
 and lists duplicate files.

4. I see that the debian/copyright file says:

License: GPL-3
 This package [blah, blah...] either version 2 of the License, or
 (at your option) any later version.

It appears to me that you took the text from GPLv2 instead of v3.

5. Finally, and most importantly; it didn't build here. Here's the log.

$ debuild -us -uc
 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc
dpkg-buildpackage: source package audiosum
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.3-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution unstable
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Roelof Wobben <r.wobben@home.nl>
 dpkg-source --before-build audiosum-0.3
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: dh-autoreconf
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
debuild: fatal error at line 1364:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed

Thanks again. It's almost there.