Re: Cjs failing test

2014-02-05 Roelof Wobben <rwobben@hotmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I have a failing test on the package cjs.
>
> I have asked upstream how to solve this and thet say use this : DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck
>
> Is this acceptable for a package which is hopefully once a part of Debian.
>
> According to upstream the failing test is Always failing but solving it or deleting
> the test has no priority.
It is generally better to have tests run during package build, because
you will see issues earlier. Upstream's response speaks for bad QA, or
(in case of Mint sometimes the case) they don't know how to deal with
the issue. What does the test actually test? If it is simple to fix,
we should better get it fixed.
Cheers,
    Matthias

P.S: Are you using CDBS? If not, in case of dh, you need to override
the auto-test command.