Re: Upstream changes destination from sbin to bin

On 3 February 2014 14:34, Dariusz Dwornikowski
<dariusz.dwornikowski@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on read-edid package which ships two binaries: get-edid and
> parse-edid. In current Debian package get-edid is installed into /usr/sbin
> and parse-edid to /usr/bin. Upstream Author changed build system from plain
> makefiles to cmake, and also in the new version (3.0.0) both binaries
> install into /usr/bin.
>
> What should be done in such a situation? Should I follow Author's intentions
> or patch CMakeLists.txt (I patch it anyway to set proper man paths).

What about linking? so you have the binary in both /usr/bin and
/usr/sbin. But you should assure this doesn't conflict with FHS or
other Debian standar.

Anyway, I don't see any problem in changing the path. I guess users
are using $PATH to invoke the program, or `which' in a shell script.
--
Arturo Borrero González