Re: Moving a package (to non-free)

On 2014-01-30 09:33, Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

CC'ing the FTP masters.

> I was trying to move a package (iausofa-c) from main to non-free with a
> new version. In the developers reference [1], the according paragraph is
> 5.9.1:
>

>> If you need to change the section for one of your packages, change
>> the package control information to place the package in the desired
>> section, and re-upload the package
>
> So, I changed the section to non-free, and uploaded the new version
> 2013.12.02-1 (resp. I asked my sponsor to do so). However, this was
> followed by some unexpected things:
>
> 1. I got a traceback with a rejection [2]

Looks like dak is not too happy with this case.  Dear FTP masters, I
think we could use a more human-readable message for this case:

"""
An exception was raised while processing the package:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/ftp-master.debian.org/dak/dak/process_policy.py", line 98,
in wrapper
    function(upload, srcqueue, comments, transaction)
  File "/srv/ftp-master.debian.org/dak/dak/process_policy.py", line 155,
in comment_accept
    transaction.copy_binary(db_binary, suite,
binary_component_func(db_binary), allow_tainted=allow_tainted,
extra_archives=[upload.target_suite.archive])
  File "/srv/ftp-master.debian.org/dak/dak/process_policy.py", line 136,
in binary_component_func
    .join(Component).one()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py", line
2193, in one
    "Multiple rows were found for one()")
MultipleResultsFound: Multiple rows were found for one()

"""

(assuming you haven't implemented it already)

> 2. Someone then removed the old binary packages [3]
> 3. Then the package got accepted  [4]
> 3. After a few days, I got a "serious" bug that the source is still in
>    main [5]

The uploaded package (from your [4]) does indeed seem to say it wants to
be in non-free:
  [...] non-free/science optional iausofa-c_2013.12.02-1.dsc

My local apt-cache also recognise them as in non-free:

"""
$ aptitude show libsofa-c0 libsofa-c-dev | grep Section
Section: non-free/libs
Section: non-free/libdevel
"""

But the source is located in the "main" pool!

http://debian.morphium.info/debian/pool/main/i/iausofa-c/iausofa-c_2013.12.02-1.dsc

Note the "pool/*main*/", which should "pool/*non-free*/" (minus my
emphasis).  This probably means that some part of dak still thinks the
package should be in main...

> No I am unsure what to do. I followed the reference, but it was somehow
> not recognized. The real procedure to move a package seems to be
> different from the documentation. Is this a bug in the manual? And, if
> yes, what is the correct way? If not, should I file a bug against
> ftp-masters saying that the implementation to move a package is wrong?
>
> Or did I something fundamentally misunderstand here? Do I refer to the
> right section of the reference manual and do I interpret it correctly?
>
> Best regards
>
> Ole
>
> [1] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#moving-pkgs
> [2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-science-maintainers/2014-January/022351.html
> [3] http://bugs.debian.org/735677
> [4] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-science-maintainers/2014-January/022360.html
> [5] http://bugs.debian.org/737055

I think we could use some help from the FTP masters side in figuring out
what went wrong here and how to move forward from here.

~Niels