how to allocate a TCP port?

I am currently working on a way that computers
with hardware random numbers generators can share
random numbers with computers that do not have
hardware random number generators.

It looks like everything can be done with simple
scripts so that no new low level source code needs to
be written. All that seems to be needed is a xinet.d
entry on the source, and a /etc/init.d/ entry and a bash
script on the reciever.

When I get it done and tested, I plan to submit it to the rng-tools
people. Perhaps they will put it in contrib. Or perhaps I will make my
own project.

In any case, the sender and reciever need to share a privledged port.

What is the official way of getting one of these allocated in
/etc/services?

Thank you.

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J