Upgrading the Debian Policy

Hi,

The package that I want to pick up has a status:

"The package should be updated to follow the last version of Debian
Policy (Standards-Version 3.9.4 instead of 3.8.3)".

I never knew the details of Debian Policy before, but did try to read the
policy from 3.8.4 to 3.9.4, and find it a rather long list with no
further details. At first, I was trying to find a wiki/blog dedicated to
upgrading the Debian Policy, failing to find that, now I'm thinking,

If I can fix all lintian reported issues, it'll be safe to say that I've
bring the package to the last version of Debian Policy, right?

PS. the lintian proposed to me before is:

 lintian --color=always -I -E -i --pedantic

Thanks