Re: How to avoid "all arch" notice in dpkg-buildpackage.

On 05/30/2013 12:41 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:17:23AM -0400, linux at iocellnetworks wrote:
I am working on the debian package for 7.0 ndas.
I would like to have it build without comment, notice or error.

I use the instructions here
Where?
Sorry.
These are the build instructions:
https://github.com/iocellnetworks/ndas4linux/wiki/How-to-build,-install-and-remove-.deb-ndas-packages

There are some notices left though in the dh_ commands.

example: dh_builddeb: You asked that all arch in(dep) packages be
built, but there are none of that type

Can any of y'all point me to the place those are specified so I can
have it build those, or bypass?
Mostly impossible to tell without seeing your debian/rules.
Rules on this build are here:
https://github.com/iocellnetworks/ndas4linux/blob/master/3.2.0/platform/linux/tarball-tag/debian/rules

If you are
calling programs with -i while not having any arch-indep packages then you
should not do that
Maybe this is where to start? The architecture in the control file says "all". I changed the one for the modules to amd64, when I am building on the 64Bit version.
I got the notice in either case.

  (it's also not a good idea to blindly copy-paste code
from some instructions on the web without understanding what does that
code do).
I do run the code, almost as it was from the beginning. I did not write it, but I also
do not know what it does, since I have not much experience.

I do know that, the packages worked on the same kernel
version when I made them for a different Debian derived distro in the past.
They worked even with the export notices.

One thing that I changed on the rules that is still in github, was to add the source folder and provide a deb package version. That took care of another notice about
defaulting to 1.0.

I made a help ticket about it too.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16818494/what-where-is-all-arch-specified-when-building-a-deb-archive
It's not a help ticket and SO is neither a ticket system nor in any way
affiliated with Debian. Also, I feel that packaging questions are offtopic
there. The best place to ask packaging questions is this list or
#debian-mentors on IRC.

I see.
I was trying to have it build without any hitch, so that I might learn my way around and
work toward submitting it.

Any help is greatly appreciated in this phase.