Re: Debian package upstream watching

Hi,

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:01:47PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> >From http://wiki.debian.org/debian/watch/ I have the impression that I
> have to come up with a scheme to call the uscan program on regular basis,
> whereas from http://wiki.debian.org/DEHS I have the impression that DEHS
> is doing that.

> The problem is that it publish to the summary mlist
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/resources.html).
> I.e., to get a notification of a single upstream package update
> notifications, the S/N ratio would be extremely low.

In all honesty, you get very few emails via "summary". If you're concerned
about the signal to noise ratio, and only upload one package per upstream
release, you're probably looking at a ratio of 1/2. The only emails I ever get
through summary are either DEHS announcements, or a message saying my package
has transitioned to testing (up to one such email per upload). In my opinion,
that's the best way to go. For your curiosity's sake, I've included an example
DEHS email below.

The other alternative is to just check your QA page every now and
then---no need to manually call uscan for each package on a regular
basis. To access your page, enter your email address in the "List of
packages for maintainer" box on http://qa.debian.org/developer.php .
You'll then see a page like http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=rak

Hope this helps,
Best wishes,