RE : LuxRender

Hello Boris

> I've packaged LuxRender 1.2.1 (http://www.luxrender.net), and reopened #461486. However, I have some questions before submitting the package.

Great to see that you decided to jump on this package :)

> LuxRender uses an open source library, LuxRays, for ray tracing acceleration. This library is not finished yet, so it's compiled as a static library. Is it ok if I package only the static version in "libluxrays-dev" as it is a build dependency of luxrender ?

By not finished you mean that the current API of LuxRays  is not yet stable ?
In that case maybe the best things to do is to link LuxRender with a static version of LuxRays and not even provide the LuxRay library package for now.
Wait until this library is stable to provide the library package.

Cheers

Fred